If you ask someone to say one must-have appliance in the kitchen, you will likely hear the answer has electric kettles. Yes, the birth of electric kettles has made life much easier. The market has unlimited choices from which you can find the right kettle for you. Of the different types, the glass kettles and the stainless steel kettles are quite popular. But this leads to another question – which one is better? To find out if glass or stainless steel is good, this article will help you out.
Glass Electric Kettle
If you want a stylish looking kettle, then glass kettles are the one for you. The body’s design is elegant with a transparent glass body. The kettle uses tempered glass which is a safe option because it cannot easily break. These are much better than the plastic kettles present in the market.
Advantages of glass kettles
- They give a modern look.
- The quality of glass used is of high-quality.
- Corrosion cannot happen.
- Cleaning is easy. The transparency of the glass will let you see if there are any impurities inside. Also, the dirt does not stick well to the glass. For these reasons, the residue can get removed without a hassle.
Disadvantages of glass kettles
- The weight of the glass kettle is heavy, making them difficult to carry. Your handling needs to be gentle; otherwise, the kettle can break.
- The cost of this expensive than stainless steel and plastic kettles.
Stainless Steel Electric Kettle
They are popular in the market is various shapes and sizes. Their popularity is due to its durability and low cost. As with any products, with pros come the cons. Let’s take a look at both of them.
Advantages of stainless steel kettles
- Due to their metallic construction, the durability of these kettles is extremely good.
- They are inexpensive.
- Several additional features get loaded in the kettle. Portable and cordless models are also available.
- Some models have a double-wall body to keep the exterior cool even though the inside of the kettle is boiling water.
Disadvantages of stainless steel kettles
- Though these kettles are not as heavy as glass kettles, they are little heavier than the plastic one.
- The build-up inside the kettle is quite common. That is why cleaning them is a tedious task.
- They are prone to rust if you use it for a long time. If rusting happens, replace the electric kettle immediately.
The final verdict
As you can see, both types of electric kettles come with pros and cons. So the question of whether glass kettles are better than their stainless steel contemporaries, it all depends on you.
A perfect kettle does not exist. So the right one depends on your budget, choice, and individual needs. The glass kettle is great if you want an aesthetic piece for your room. But stainless steel will help give you great functionality and durability.